Posted by Rafael Ventura-Rosa
on February 4, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Welcome to my updated Bio page.
From the Street to the Suites (and back again) is an autobiographical work in which , starting from my birth in El Barrio ("Spanish Harlem") in New York City, I detail the major events that have comprised my odyssey through this adventure called La Vida. This website will contain excerpts from the larger work which (like my life) is currently a "work in progress").
Table of Contents
(Current as of September 2012)
From the Streets to the Suites
(...and back again)
- Harlem Hospital: It's My Birthday, it's my Birthday...
- El Barrio - La Marqueta: Paradise Revealed
- Pops - Life of the Party
- Moving day: Movin' on up to the Bronx
- Growing up in SoBro: “El Gran’ Conco”
- Any Ooooooooold Clothes...
- Mami Ana and the "Amazon Warriors"
- Bronx Street Games: Ringoliveo
- Hello Darkness...The Sounds of Silence
- Piraguas, Egg Creams and Juji Fruits
- Working Class Heroes: Clemente, the Mick, TP and Cassius Clay
- Los Tios: El Pirata Cofresi and Rubirosa
- Big Bro: Cool Hand Lou
- knock, knock, knockin’ on heaven’s door…Morris–sane–ya Hospital (1)
- Boogaloo Blues, the Panthers and the Rad 60's
- Say it Loud: PortaReekan an’ Proud
- Morris-sane-ya: The Sequel
- Summer in the City
- ...and then came sister: Marisolita a/k/a "Oh Gee"
Big Bro, 'Nam and the Tet Offensive
- Woodstock, Los Hippies, La Flamboyan and Summers in Loiza Aldea
- The Big Break: Willie Colon, the Young Lords and White Flight to the ‘burbs
- Un Verano en Nueva York: Orchard Beach, Las Villas, Bear Mountain and Los Siete Lagos
- Hard Times at Clinton High
- Baby Daddy/Daddy Baby: Time to Grow Up (Fast)
- Welcome to the Real World: From High School, to College to Wall Street in 7 Days Flat
- The College Years
- The Road to Hell is Paved With Good Intentions: Well Meaning "Liberals" and The "Affirmative Action" Debacle
- Days of Youthful Exuberance: Student Strikes, Asia No. 7, Cuddeybackville
- New York to New Haven: 75 Miles and a World Apart
- Cerro Maravilla, Vieques 21, CCR, RaBoudin and that Damn Bar Exam
- 50 Rock
- Marriage #1: What’s a Left-Wing Rad Doing in a Country Club Like This
- "Gabo" & "A.J."
- Next Stop: Wall Street
- Reaganomics: Boom to Bust
- Pops: Tears of a Clown
- Independence Day
- Divorce #1
- Flying Solo
- Abuelita tus refranes me hacian reir: Things My Abuela Used to Say (a/k/a "The Knowledge You Don't Get in College")
- Back to el Bronx: Hostos, Pregones & Gibraltar
- Teachin’ & Preachin’
- “El Terror”
- Gitaneando: The Gypsy Life
- A House is not a Home/La Calle Esta Durisima
- The Sunshine State
- 9/12...the Day After
- Marriage #2: No Me Chavez
- Tsunami: The Domino Effect
- My Princess Arrives
- Divorce #2
- The Left Coast
- Big Bro Reconnect: Semper Fi to Simplify
- SpiritQuest : ManChild in the Desert Lands – Tubac, Madera Canyon and a Pup Named Spencer
- O'town Once Again
- Takin' it to the Streets
- The Kindness of Strangers
- Hospice Care/ Hostage Care
- Community Service, Redemption and Absolution
- .. and the beat goes on...
- Afterword: ... and miles to go before I sleep...
(c) R. Ventura-Rosa, 2010-2012